You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Drop Off Library
Food4Future Survey on Food Processing
FOOD4FUTURE SURVEY ON FOOD PROCESSING
1) Company Information : -
a) Name of Company
d) Contact Person
2. Which of the following categories best describes the food industry sector your organisation operates in?
(Please check all that apply)
a. Bakery Products
b. Beverages (fruit juice, bottled water, etc.)
d. Dairy products
e. Flour milling and cereal foods
f. Fruit and vegetable/horticulture
g. Meat and meat products
h. Oils and fats
I. Pet food
Specify your own value:
3. Please define your organisation's sales turnover for the most recent financial year
a. 0 to RM299,000
b. RM300,000 to RM499,000
c. RM500,000 to RM4.999 Million
d. RM5 Million to RM14.999 Million
e. Above RM15 Million
4. Please specify the number of staff employed (fulltime) by your organisation
a. 1 to 20
b. 21 to 100
c. 101 to 200
d. 201 or more
5. What are the geographical markets you are active in?
(Please tick all appropriate boxes)
East Asia (china, Japan, Korea)
United States of America
6. What is the principal food processing activity of your organization based on proportion of annual total sales?
Primary processing of raw material products
Supplying semi-prepared food products for use in further processing
Manufacturing food products ready for human or animal consumption
Others, please specify:
7. What is the MAJOR issue that could be delayed your production process?
Insufficient workers or operators
Shortage of raw Materials
Not enough funding (rolling capital)
8. Is outsourcing used? (If so, it is used due to)
Lack of expertise
Lack of capacity
Lack of equipment
No outsourcing required
9. How do you control the quality and consistency of product out-put?
Established the SOP for processing activity
Appointment of Quality Control (QC) Officer
Do it right for the first time
No QC procedure being practice
10. Based on the current business scenario of your branding existence and business sustainability for future expansion, please indicate your criteria status as follows;
10.1. Product branding awareness
10.2. Product acceptance in the market
10.3. Innovativeness of the product
10.4. Export market potential
10.5. Global Market Competition
10.6. Production capacity for volume order
11. What critical skills are needed to succeed in your business (behavior capabilities and technical skills)?
Management and leadership
Marketing and sales
Manufacturing and productions
12. What major obstacles will the company face in reaching business target?
Political and government policy
Competition in global market
Capital investment in technology updates
Labor and skilled workers
13. What are the critical issues that put the success factors at risk?
Price fluctuation of raw materials
Supply over demand
Lack of skilled workers
14. What could be the main problem in financial affairs of your current business?
Insufficient cash flow necessary for business scale expansion
Difficulty in procuring funds from financial institutions
Rising current rates
15. Potential issue in upgrading plant facility:
Higher cost in purchasing of new machine
Difficulties on engaging the best consultant
Cost of construction may higher from expected
Limited funding of capital expenditure (CAPEX)
16. What kind of external supports do you require from SIRIM?
Testing and Certification
Training and Consultancy
17. What kind of external supports do you require from other government Ministries/Agencies?
Grant and Incentives
Promotion and market access
18. Where on the supply chain do you plan to expand your business?
Supplying raw materials
Logistic and distribution
Machinery and automation
19. Which action do you plan for your business growth?
Increase of sales in existing national markets
New product introduction
Enter new national markets
Enter new international markets
Access to a new customer groups
20. Any facility and equipment changes or upgrade that will be needed in the longer term?
Factory relocation for mass production
Procurement of new advance and high-tech equipment
Renovation on existing factory
Maintenance and upgrade existing machine
Upgrade and update with a smart manufacturing system
Survey Completed. Thank you